Old 01-09-2008, 12:45 PM
Bob

Default Slow scrolling in openoffice 2.3 calc charts

Has anyone else seen this behaviour with up-down scrolling in openoffice
2.3. as I am not sure whether this is a problem with openoffice of my PC.

I have a complex spreadsheet which generates several mainly x-y (scatter)
charts. Since upgrading to v2.3 scrolling up and down the charts has become
extremely slow (about 4 lines per second).

When scrolling I see from top that soffice.bin and Xorg are using all the
cpu cycles:

2824 root 10 -10 331m 229m 4236 R 66.1 30.2 14:57.92 Xorg
3230 user 20 0 247m 88m 54m R 23.2 11.7 1:59.01 soffice.bin

I am running a sid system with kernel 2.6.23-1 on Athlon XP 2100+ with 768M
memory so I would be surprised if the PC was resource limited.

Video is by a Matrox G450 currently using the mga driver 1:1.9.100.dfsg.1-1
(from experimental) although the behaviour is the same with the current
unstable driver.

When I run the same spreadsheet in excel under wine on the same machine,
scrolling behaves normally.

Thanks in advance

Bob