-   -   wget'ing files with relative paths (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/3279-wgeting-files-relative-paths.html)

Raj Kiran Grandhi 11-22-2007 10:50 PM

wget'ing files with relative paths

Rogelio wrote:
I'm trying to wget some very specific files off a web page, but some of

How?

the paths are relative paths (e.g. ../path/to/file) rather than

With recursive retrieval, that is not a problem

abosolute (e.g. http://direct/path/to/file
<http://direct/path/to/file>). Obviously, when wget gets to that part,

It is not obvious at all.

it craps out...

What does that mean?

Is there a switch in wget (in Etch - latest wget package) that lets me

There probably is.

maintain this session? I tried some of the options here

What are those options?

but it's not working, and I'm hoping someone here might point me in the
right direction.

You really need to provide more information before you can reasonably
hope someone to assist you.

--
Raj Kiran Grandhi

Raj Kiran Grandhi 11-23-2007 12:44 PM

Rogelio wrote:
On 11/22/07, *Raj Kiran Grandhi* <grajkiran@gmail.com
<mailto:grajkiran@gmail.com>> wrote:

Rogelio wrote:
> I'm trying to wget some very specific files off a web page, but
some of

How?

Basically, I'd like to run this command:

wget (options to grab all the mp3s)
http://www.2600.com/offthehook/1988/1088.html

e.g.

wget -r -l3 -H -t1 -nd -N -np -A .mp3 -erobots=off
http://www.2600.com/offthehook/1988/1088.html
<http://www.2600.com/offthehook/1988/1088.html>

It's not working like it works on other websites (e.g. democracynow.org
<http://democracynow.org>), and I suspect it's because when you look
through the source code (which I do with "lynx -source"), I see that the
mp3 files are ../../path/to/file.mp3

It is not because of the relative links. It is because of the -np flag.
Remove it and try. Also, avoid "-H" and "-e robots=off" unless you
really need them.

HTH,

--
Raj Kiran Grandhi