-   -   Dumped off the list (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/32363-dumped-off-list.html)

"Ted Hilts - Thunderbird Acct." 01-08-2008 08:05 PM

Dumped off the list

I can't seem to stay on this list for more than a couple of weeks and
then no more list traffic.

This only happens with the debian-user list and not any of the other
debian lists.

Every few weeks I get knocked off the Debian user list and I get no more
traffic from the list.

This only happens with the debian-user list as I have no problem with
any of the other debian lists and non debian lists.

When this happens I am unable to resubscribe because the debian list
emal server still thinks I am subscribed.

This whole situation is getting painful -- does anyone else have this
problem or a suggestion. Please send your response directly to me as I
have not yet been able to subscribe and therefore would not see your
response. Sorry if you are one of those who responded to my last email
to the list.

Thanks -- Ted

Ron Johnson 01-08-2008 08:41 PM

Dumped off the list

I can't seem to stay on this list for more than a couple of weeks and
then no more list traffic.

This only happens with the debian-user list and not any of the other
debian lists.

[huge blank line snippage]

Every few weeks I get knocked off the Debian user list and I get no more
traffic from the list.

This only happens with the debian-user list as I have no problem with
any of the other debian lists and non debian lists.

When this happens I am unable to resubscribe because the debian list
emal server still thinks I am subscribed.

This whole situation is getting painful -- does anyone else have this
problem or a suggestion. Please send your response directly to me as I
have not yet been able to subscribe and therefore would not see your
response. Sorry if you are one of those who responded to my last email
to the list.

Thanks -- Ted

[huge blank line snippage]

Maybe you (or your Telus IP range) ae getting blacklisted by spam
destroyers?

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA USA

"I'm not a vegetarian because I love animals, I'm a vegetarian
because I hate vegetables!"
unknown

Ted Hilts 01-08-2008 09:03 PM

Dumped off the list

Ron Johnson wrote:

[...]

Could be but my ISP is praying for the day they never see me on their
services so I cannot get any help there if they are the problem. I
could not help but notice the large amount of my email for various
Debian lists that they deem as SPAM. They apparently take legitimate
Debian list traffic and generate a SPAM warning which then causes my set
up to miss the traffic. But the problem of NO debian-user traffic maybe
coming directly from the list server or someone who has figured out how
to mess with it.

Ted

Jon Dowland 01-17-2008 01:52 PM

Dumped off the list

> I could not help but notice the large amount of my email
> for various Debian lists that they deem as SPAM. They
> apparently take legitimate Debian list traffic and
> generate a SPAM warning which then causes my set up to
> miss the traffic.

Are you (or is your ISP) using a challenge-response system?
That seems to be what your message implies. If that's the
case, you may be being unsubscribed from the list by a
listmaster because of the challenges being fired back at it.

I'd strongly recommend *not* using a challenge-response
system, see
<http://www.spamcop.net/fom-serve/cache/329.html> or
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Challenge-response_spam_filtering#Criticisms>.

--