Old 02-09-2010, 09:06 AM
Charlie

Default POP timestamp in message-ID invalid

Hello,

I was hoping someone might explain this error message to me. When I use
mailfilter to clean my mailbox on my ISP's server i get this error
message sometimes:

mailfilter: Examining 8 message(s).
mailfilter: Error: POP timestamp in message-ID invalid.
mailfilter: Error: Parsing the header of message 7 failed.
mailfilter: Error: Scanning of mail account failed.

Is this something that goes wrong on my Debian Testing system

or is this some problem with my ISP

is this something that is purely Debian and/or Linux/Unix

or is this something that would also affect windows.

My ISP tells me it is purely a Linux problem/error, and nothing to do
with them.

This happens every now and again, and I've googled the error message
but am not able to understand anything that appears to have all or some
of the keywords.

Thanks in advance.
Charlie
--
Registered Linux User:- 329524

Whether the flower looks better in the nosegay than in the meadow where
it grew and we had to wet our feet to get it! Is the scholastic air any
advantage? ....Henry David Thoreau