Old 02-08-2010, 10:38 AM
surreal

Default How to use USB modems/phones in Debian?

I have got a test model of Nokia 7210 phone which can also be used as a gsm modem and be used to surf the web(very slow speed)

How to enable it under Debian Lenny? There are no Linux drivers provided with that.

Please contact me if you have used such USB based phones for accessing web.
--
Harshad Joshi

Old 02-08-2010, 03:39 PM
Camaleón

On Mon, 08 Feb 2010 16:38:37 +0500, surreal wrote:

> I have got a test model of Nokia 7210 phone which can also be used as a
> gsm modem and be used to surf the web(very slow speed)
>
> How to enable it under Debian Lenny? There are no Linux drivers provided
> with that.
>
> Please contact me if you have used such USB based phones for accessing
> web.

There is a nice How-To in Debian wiki:

HowTo Connect your Laptop to Internet using a Cell Phone via USB or
Bluetooth
http://wiki.debian.org/UseYourCellPhoneAsModem

Greetings,

--