Old 02-08-2010, 10:43 AM
"tv.debian@googlemail.com"

Default knetworkmanager on debian testing broken

Γιώργος *άλλας wrote:
> Γιώργος *άλλας wrote:
>> After yesterday'ss upgrade to version 0.7.999-2, I cannot connect to any
>> network, wireless or not.
>>
>> Related bug: 567354 -
>>

> And by the way, I have a question: I have seen on a kubuntu machine, a
> nice network manager GUI. Can I install this on my debian machine? Does
> it support openvpn, vpnc, mobile, etc? And most importantly, what is the
> package's name?
>
> Thanks!
> G.

Hi, not sure about Kubuntu but it may be NetworkManager's plasmoïd,
it's in Debian experimental currently under the name
"plasma-widget-networkmanagement". So it's nm under the hood with vpn
support (but nm brokenness too) , and the package is currently in
experimental for a reason: buggy (tried it a few weeks ago).
Another gui is "wicd", it's nice and works well, but I am not aware of a
plugging for vpn that goes with it. You can use another gui application
maybe, like "kvpnc" (never tried that one, name's suggest it should be
up to the job...).
Can't comment on connection through "mobile".

Old 02-08-2010, 05:45 PM
godo

Γιώργος *άλλας wrote:

After yesterday'ss upgrade to version 0.7.999-2, I cannot connect to any
network, wireless or not.

Related bug: 567354 -

Have the same problem with WiFi.
I don't think it's knetworkmanager or networ-kmanager. I install
previous version but it's the same.

--
Bye,
Goran Dobosevic

Old 02-08-2010, 10:04 PM
godo

Γιώργος *άλλας wrote:

After yesterday'ss upgrade to version 0.7.999-2, I cannot connect to any
network, wireless or not.

Related bug: 567354 -

Hi Γιώργος *άλλας,
I was downgrade few packages and it seems its works.
I was install libnm-util1_0.7.2-2_i386.deb and
network-manager_0.7.2-2_i386.deb

If you will do that be careful and look for dependencies.

Hope you will have net.

Old 02-08-2010, 10:22 PM
godo

Have the same problem with WiFi.
I don't think it's knetworkmanager or networ-kmanager. I install
previous version but it's the same.

Works on Sid also (second laptop)!
Last 14 days I was think that is problem with Broadcom.

Old 02-18-2010, 11:28 AM
Jan Hlodan

If I understood right, now in Debian Squeeze with KDE, it's not
possible to manage Internet connections and connect to any wireless
network?

Jan Hlodan

Old 02-18-2010, 02:40 PM
Jan Hlodan

On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 7:16 PM, Jeffrin Jose <ahiliation@yahoo.co.in> wrote:

> hello.
> you can use commandline tools . apt-get install wireless-tools.
> Also you can have a look at www.kde.org/application/internet/kwlan/
> It is a wireless LAN Manager.
>
> /Jeffrin.

If you mean wifi-radar, it's broken too. I can connect to my wireless
network. In Gnome (network-manager-gnome) networking works fine.
And what about kwlan, I haven't tried it but it looks pretty old...

--
Jan

Old 02-18-2010, 04:32 PM
"tv.debian@googlemail.com"

Jan Hlodan write:
>> hello.
>> you can use commandline tools . apt-get install wireless-tools.
>> Also you can have a look at www.kde.org/application/internet/kwlan/
>> It is a wireless LAN Manager.
>>
>> /Jeffrin.
>>

> If you mean wifi-radar, it's broken too. I can connect to my wireless
> network. In Gnome (network-manager-gnome) networking works fine.
> And what about kwlan, I haven't tried it but it looks pretty old...
>
> --
> Jan

Hi, you can remove "*networkmanager*" and use "wicd", it works fine on
Squeeze amd64 kde here. Just be sure to empty your
/etc/network/interfaces file, otherwise "wicd" will ignore the interface.

Old 02-18-2010, 05:16 PM
Jeffrin Jose