-   -   Apache2 mime_magic not working on Upgrade. (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/321993-apache2-mime_magic-not-working-upgrade.html)

Account for Debian group mail 02-07-2010 05:46 AM

Apache2 mime_magic not working on Upgrade.

Hello,

We just upgraded a web server to Lenny. Anyway on the upgrade Apache2
mod_mime_magic is not working properly. We keeping getting Apache errors:

"[error] mod_mime_magic: invalid type 0 in mconvert()".

From what we can tell the problem lies in the /usr/share/file/magic.mime
file. The file is there and I can see from Apache2 information that it is
being loaded.

Anyone know how to fix this problem?

Thanks,

Ken

Camaleón 02-07-2010 04:00 PM

On Sat, 06 Feb 2010 22:46:26 -0800, Account for Debian group mail wrote:

> We just upgraded a web server to Lenny. Anyway on the upgrade Apache2
> mod_mime_magic is not working properly. We keeping getting Apache
> errors: "[error] mod_mime_magic: invalid type 0 in mconvert()".
>
>>From what we can tell the problem lies in the /usr/share/file/magic.mime
> file. The file is there and I can see from Apache2 information that it
> is being loaded.
>
> Anyone know how to fix this problem?

Some hints taken from the web:

HowTo: “mod_mime_magic: invalid type 0 in mconvert()” error
http://justcheckingonall.wordpress.com/2009/02/17/mod_mime_magic-invalid-type-mconvert/

mod_mime_magic: invalid type 0 in mconvert().

Greetings,

--
Camaleón