Old 01-08-2008, 05:06 PM
Sven Hoexter

Default OT: Conference Recordings about Open Source topics

Old 01-08-2008, 06:55 PM
Andrei Popescu

On Tue, Jan 08, 2008 at 08:45:35PM +0100, Simon Jolle sjolle wrote:
> On 01/08/2008 07:06 PM, Sven Hoexter wrote:
> > Not directly iPod compatible but enough for a few month I guess:
> > http://ftp.acc.umu.se/pub/debian-meetings/
>
> Thank you. It's a great archive about Debian related topics. Are there
> other more general Open Source and Linux?

BBC has made a documentary about Linux and Open Source.

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)

Old 01-08-2008, 07:31 PM
"Simon Jolle "sjolle""

Old 01-08-2008, 08:03 PM
Andrei Popescu

On Tue, Jan 08, 2008 at 09:31:08PM +0100, Simon Jolle sjolle wrote:
> On 01/08/2008 08:55 PM, Andrei Popescu wrote:
> > BBC has made a documentary about Linux and Open Source.
>
> Hi Andrei
>
> Where can I download this movie? With Google I saw that the documentary
> is called "Code Breakers"

IIRC I got it directly from BBC's site.

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)

Old 01-09-2008, 09:46 AM
Sven Hoexter

On Tue, Jan 08, 2008 at 08:45:35PM +0100, Simon Jolle sjolle wrote:
> On 01/08/2008 07:06 PM, Sven Hoexter wrote:
> > Not directly iPod compatible but enough for a few month I guess:
> > http://ftp.acc.umu.se/pub/debian-meetings/
>
> Thank you. It's a great archive about Debian related topics. Are there
> other more general Open Source and Linux?

apt-get install youtube-dl and search for the Google talks.
Some of the older talks are still on the video.google.com website where you
should be able to download them directly in ipod format afaik.

Just an idea.

Sven
--
There's no need for tears, cause there's no need to cry.
That love that you leave will never be denied.

Old 01-12-2008, 09:01 PM
"David Fox"

> Thank you. It's a great archive about Debian related topics. Are there
> other more general Open Source and Linux?

What can be more general than kernel walkthrough videos? SVLUG (in
Silicon Valley CA) has done a number of kernel walkthrough sessions,
sponsored by google, and uploaded to youtube. I"ve only managed to
catch the first video, but a google search should get you going - or a
youtube search.

A more generalized (not specifically Linux per se) open source series
was done about 2 years ago in South African TV - google "Go Open" -
there's about 12 parts.