Old 02-06-2010, 01:50 AM
Hideki Yamane

Default cannot install to AMD Geode LX800 machine

Hi,

I was asked from a user who want to install Debian but I couldn't solve
his problem, so I want your help.

He uses "Kojinsha SA5ST12A", it has AMD Geode LX800 chip.
http://jp.kohjinsha.com/support/content/supt/sa/sa5st12a/specification/index.html
(Japanese)

He tried to install with debian-503-i386-businesscard.iso but the screen
comes to blank with white. ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sRZ2Bup6ks )

I suggested to use "fb=false" as release note says, but it seems not to help.
http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/ch05s03.html.ja#installer-args

If you have any suggestions about above problem, please let me know.
(Please CC to me, I'm not on the list)

Hideki Yamane henrich @ debian.or.jp/iijmio-mail.jp
http://wiki.debian.org/HidekiYamane

Old 02-06-2010, 08:19 PM
Camaleón

On Sat, 06 Feb 2010 11:50:29 +0900, Hideki Yamane wrote:

(...)

> I suggested to use "fb=false" as release note says, but it seems not to
> help.
> http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/ch05s03.html.ja#installer-
args

> If you have any suggestions about above problem, please let me know.
> (Please CC to me, I'm not on the list)

There is a related bug:

Linux boot hangs on AMD Geode GX systems

Greetings,

--
Camaleón