-   -   UDF filesystem in removable harddisk crashed (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/321313-udf-filesystem-removable-harddisk-crashed.html)

User 02-05-2010 03:15 PM

UDF filesystem in removable harddisk crashed

Hi, all kind friends. Help me! Sorry for my poor English.

My OS is Debian Lenny for i386, and last month I bought a "Seagate
FreeAgent Desk" 1TB removable harddisk. In order to can be used on both
Linux and Windows, I chose UDF filesystem for it. The command of making
filesystem at that time was:

# mkudffs -r 0x0150 --media-type=hd --utf8 /dev/sdb

Note: I made UDF filesystem in the whole disk, not partition.

It worked normally, read and wrote file normally. Today, when I mounted
it, and copied some files to it, found that it became very slowly. So I
unmounted it and tried to mount it again. But it could not be mounted
again!!! The filesystem was crashed!

I have searched Google, found much software to recover data for UDF
filesystem, but they all work only for UDF CD/DVD, not for UDF harddisk!

Oh, many valuable files are saved in the disk. Can anybody tell me some
way to save data in the disk? Thank you very very very much.