-   -   Problem Dell studio 1557 with debian (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/320640-problem-dell-studio-1557-debian.html)

"Mahdi.Bahrololoum" 02-04-2010 01:27 PM

Problem Dell studio 1557 with debian

Hi,I have a laptop and when I installed Debian I sound card laptop does not recognize it.

Please helpTanks

--
Best Regards

Camaleón 02-04-2010 04:47 PM

On Thu, 04 Feb 2010 17:57:32 +0330, Mahdi.Bahrololoum wrote:

> *I have a laptop and when I installed Debian I sound card laptop does
> not recognize it.

- What Debian version?
cat /etc/debian_version

- What desktop environment (GNOME, KDE...)?

- What sound card?
(as root) lspci | grep Audio
or
sudo lspci | grep Audio

- What are your symptoms?

a) No systems (desktop environment) sounds. Test it with:
play /usr/share/sounds/ekiga/voicemail.wav

b) No multimedia (videos, flashplayer...) sound:
Go to YouTube and check if videos have sound

c) No sound at all

- Are sound controllers (Master, PCM...) at high levels?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón