FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor


 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 01-08-2008, 02:45 PM
"Joel Roberts"
 
Default Goodbye

No, it hasn’t. I’ve continued getting them
right up until I sent the unsubscribe message.


*










From: Chris Howie
[mailto:cdhowie@gmail.com]

Sent: Tuesday, January 08, 2008
8:41 AM

To: Joel Roberts

Cc: debian-user@lists.debian.org

Subject: Re: Goodbye




*


On Jan 8, 2008 10:09 AM, Joel Roberts <Joel.Roberts@pinkardcc.com>
wrote:











I've
gotten a lot of good information from this list, and hopefully supplied some as
well, but I'm not going to weed through hundreds of spam e-mails weekly to
pursue this any longer. If the list organizers can implement some anti-spam
measures, I'll be happy to join again in the future. There's no reason for this
quantity of spam to be making it through on a mailing list.












It's already been fixed.


--

Chris Howie

http://www.chrishowie.com

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Crazycomputers
 
Old 01-08-2008, 02:48 PM
"Chris Howie"
 
Default Goodbye

On Jan 8, 2008 10:45 AM, Joel Roberts <Joel.Roberts@pinkardcc.com> wrote:
















No, it hasn't. I've continued getting them
right up until I sent the unsubscribe message.






About 20 minutes ago this was posted:



http://cord.de/blog/index.php?entry=entry080108-144308

--
Chris Howie
http://www.chrishowie.com

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Crazycomputers
 
Old 01-08-2008, 02:51 PM
Thierry Chatelet
 
Default Goodbye

On Tuesday 08 January 2008 16:09, Joel Roberts wrote:
> I've gotten a lot of good information from this list, and hopefully
> supplied some as well, but I'm not going to weed through hundreds of
> spam e-mails weekly to pursue this any longer. If the list organizers
> can implement some anti-spam measures, I'll be happy to join again in
> the future. There's no reason for this quantity of spam to be making it
> through on a mailing list.
Should be fixed by now. See
http://cord.de/blog/index.php?entry=entry080108-144308
for more details.


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 01-08-2008, 03:30 PM
Adrian Chapela
 
Default Goodbye

Thierry Chatelet escribi:

On Tuesday 08 January 2008 16:09, Joel Roberts wrote:


I've gotten a lot of good information from this list, and hopefully
supplied some as well, but I'm not going to weed through hundreds of
spam e-mails weekly to pursue this any longer. If the list organizers
can implement some anti-spam measures, I'll be happy to join again in
the future. There's no reason for this quantity of spam to be making it
through on a mailing list.

Should be fixed by now. See
http://cord.de/blog/index.php?entry=entry080108-144308

for more details.




The Spam is fixed. I don't receive any spam message now.


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 01-08-2008, 06:21 PM
"Nuno Magalhes"
 
Default Goodbye

Ok, goodbye!
Don't forget to write.


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 01-08-2008, 10:23 PM
David
 
Default Goodbye

Joel Roberts wrote:
I’ve gotten a lot of good information from this list, and hopefully
supplied some as well, but I’m not going to weed through hundreds of
spam e-mails weekly to pursue this any longer. If the list organizers
can implement some anti-spam measures, I’ll be happy to join again in
the future. There’s no reason for this quantity of spam to be making it
through on a mailing list.


I've got junk mail configured with seamonkey and it takes no more than
about thirty seconds for the filters to do their work first down load of
the morning.

150 emails with a third of those spam, but I don't even see them.

What are you using as a mail agent?
Regards,
--
David Palmer
Linux User - #352034


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 01-08-2008, 10:39 PM
Ron Johnson
 
Default Goodbye

On 01/08/08 17:23, David wrote:

Joel Roberts wrote:
I’ve gotten a lot of good information from this list, and hopefully
supplied some as well, but I’m not going to weed through hundreds of
spam e-mails weekly to pursue this any longer. If the list organizers
can implement some anti-spam measures, I’ll be happy to join again in
the future. There’s no reason for this quantity of spam to be making
it through on a mailing list.


I've got junk mail configured with seamonkey and it takes no more than
about thirty seconds for the filters to do their work first down load of
the morning.

150 emails with a third of those spam, but I don't even see them.

What are you using as a mail agent?


From looking at his email's source, we can infer that he uses Lookout.

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA USA

"I'm not a vegetarian because I love animals, I'm a vegetarian
because I hate vegetables!"
unknown


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 01-08-2008, 10:43 PM
David
 
Default Goodbye

Ron Johnson wrote:

On 01/08/08 17:23, David wrote:

Joel Roberts wrote:
I’ve gotten a lot of good information from this list, and hopefully
supplied some as well, but I’m not going to weed through hundreds of
spam e-mails weekly to pursue this any longer. If the list organizers
can implement some anti-spam measures, I’ll be happy to join again in
the future. There’s no reason for this quantity of spam to be making
it through on a mailing list.


I've got junk mail configured with seamonkey and it takes no more than
about thirty seconds for the filters to do their work first down load
of the morning.

150 emails with a third of those spam, but I don't even see them.

What are you using as a mail agent?


From looking at his email's source, we can infer that he uses Lookout.


Nothing to add.


--
David Palmer
Linux User - #352034


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 01-09-2008, 12:04 AM
Mark Fletcher
 
Default Goodbye

Joel Roberts <Joel.Roberts <at> pinkardcc.com> writes:

> I’ve gotten a lot of good information from this list,
> and hopefully supplied some as well, but I’m not going to weed through hundreds
> of spam e-mails weekly to pursue this any longer. If the list organizers can
> implement some anti-spam measures, I’ll be happy to join again in the
> future. There’s no reason for this quantity of spam to be making it
> through on a mailing list.
>

Wonder what the point of posting this was. Did he perhaps expect us to try to
talk him out of it???






--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 01-09-2008, 12:37 AM
"Shane D"
 
Default Goodbye

Yeah... It kind of sounds like "I want attention and to harp on
something that has been done to death..."

On 1/8/08, Mark Fletcher <mark27q1@gmail.com> wrote:
> Joel Roberts <Joel.Roberts <at> pinkardcc.com> writes:
>
> > I've gotten a lot of good information from this list,
> > and hopefully supplied some as well, but I'm not going to weed through
> hundreds
> > of spam e-mails weekly to pursue this any longer. If the list organizers
> can
> > implement some anti-spam measures, I'll be happy to join again in the
> > future. There's no reason for this quantity of spam to be making it
> > through on a mailing list.
> >
>
> Wonder what the point of posting this was. Did he perhaps expect us to try
> to
> talk him out of it???
>
>
>
>
>
>
> --
> To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
> with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact
> listmaster@lists.debian.org
>
>


--
-Shane
Blog: http://blind-geek.com/blog/
CoOwner: http://sjtechzone.com
AIM: inhaddict
Skype: chatter8712


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 08:24 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org