Old 02-04-2010, 09:05 PM
Miles Fidelman

Default Free book - GNU/Linux Advanced Administration

various folks write:

Might be interesting for some people on this list.

http://ftacademy.org/materials/fsm/2

Yer right. 'Twas very interesting. Thanks for the link. It looks
like a pretty decent reference to the subject, and I appreciate that
they have used a Debian (as well as a Fedora Core) focus for examples
of implementation.

Why, oh why, don't "professionals" proof-read their material?

i'll be checking that out shortly as well, but i'm more put off by
the thought that an advanced admin book first feels the need to
evangelize the operating system.

people who are drawn to an *advanced* administration book are
typically past the point where they need to be sold on the OS.

Yeah. I don't know how many books I've seen that dedicate an
entire chapter to the history of Linux, distros and whatnot. It gets
very, very annoying after a while.

Doesn't lool like and "advanced" book to me - more like a survey of
advanced topics, with little depth behind any of them (though with some