Old 02-03-2010, 07:10 AM
Celejar

Default suspend on my asus eeepc

On Wed, 3 Feb 2010 18:31:49 +1100
Daniel Dalton <d.dalton@iinet.net.au> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Can someone please advise me how to suspend from the command line?

Look at the uswsusp and hibernate packages.

> Also when my laptop lid is closed, the system suspends. I'm just on the
> command line, no gui is running. I see this in syslog, but am unsure
> what program is responsible...?
> Feb 3 18:16:58 debian-eeepc kernel: [ 3493.605992] Suspending
> console(s) (use no_console_suspend to debug)
>
> Anyway, on resuming from suspend, does anyone know how I can call a
> script once the system is back up again? eg. I want to call
> /usr/local/bin/post-suspend. How do I do this when the laptop resumes?

I think that this is easy with the hibernate package, but I don't have
it installed right now to check.

Celejar

Old 02-03-2010, 07:14 AM
Florian Reitmeir

Hi,

s2ram
s2disk

and put your script in.. /etc/pm/sleep.d
this direcorty is generated by the package pm-utils in which you can
also find the docs how to write the correct script.

--
Florian Reitmeir

Old 02-05-2010, 11:00 AM
Daniel Dalton

On Wed, Feb 03, 2010 at 09:14:26AM +0100, Florian Reitmeir wrote:
> Hi,
>
> s2ram
> s2disk

What package? I get command not found when running these as root.

> > and put your script in.. /etc/pm/sleep.d
> this direcorty is generated by the package pm-utils in which you can
> also find the docs how to write the correct script.

Ah yes, thanks, I'll go do that.

Thanks,
Dan

Old 02-05-2010, 11:00 AM
Daniel Dalton

Old 02-05-2010, 01:44 PM
Florian Reitmeir

Hi,

What package? I get command not found when running these as root.

> and put your script in.. /etc/pm/sleep.d
this direcorty is generated by the package pm-utils in which you can
also find the docs how to write the correct script.

Ah yes, thanks, I'll go do that.

--
DI Florian Reitmeir / E-Mail: net@multi24.com / Mobil: +43 650 2661660

net.multi24.com / WWW: http://net.multi24.com
Josef-Schweinester-Str.1
6412 St. Georgen / Austria

Old 02-05-2010, 01:44 PM
Florian Reitmeir

Old 02-05-2010, 01:55 PM
"Vladimir N. Indik"

Use apt-file or web interface on http://packages.debian.org/.

Old 02-06-2010, 10:59 PM
Daniel Dalton

On Fri, Feb 05, 2010 at 05:55:17PM +0300, Vladimir N. Indik wrote:
> > What package? I get command not found when running these as root.
> >
> uswsusp

I installed from unstable as I couldn't find it in squeeze...

> Use apt-file or web interface on http://packages.debian.org/.

Yes, apt-file is handy.

Thanks,
Dan

Old 02-06-2010, 11:02 PM
Daniel Dalton

On Fri, Feb 05, 2010 at 03:44:00PM +0100, Florian Reitmeir wrote:
> Package:
> uswsusp

Couldn't find this in squeeze, so used unstable's version.

S2disk works ok and s2ram doesn't. I think when I close the lid it uses
command pm-suspend (found this after some research.)

Thanks,
Dan