Old 02-02-2010, 03:16 PM
Jesus arteche

Default serial port

hello,

Ok this question is about another linux distro, but I think is general for all of them. How can I get this line when I make "dmesg | grep tty" :

console [tty0] enabled

I need to get enable the serial port...someone knows what i hav eto do...compile kernel, type some command...

thanks

Old 02-02-2010, 03:35 PM
Oleg

On Tue, Feb 02, 2010 at 05:16:31PM +0100, Jesus arteche wrote:
> hello,
>
> Ok this question is about another linux distro, but I think is general for
> all of them. How can I get this line when I make "dmesg | grep tty" :
>
> console [tty0] enabled
>
> I need to get enable the serial port...someone knows what i hav eto
> do...compile kernel, type some command...
>
> thanks

Hi.

Run a next command to test kernel support of a serial console:

~$ grep 'SERIAL.*CONSOLE' /boot/config-`uname -r`