Old 02-02-2010, 01:33 AM
"Wayne

Default wicd fails to start after upgrade **Correction**

Wayne <linuxtwo@gmail.com> wrote:

Sebastian

Glad you got it going!!!

I just finished setting up another testing box with wireless, an
old Netgear WPN311 pci card. Using the madwifi ath5k modules.

I installed wicd 1.7.0-2 and, after fixing some of my usual typo's,
it is running as good as the old 1.6 version.

On testing and sid on a 32 bit 686 system wicd 1.7.0-2 is working with
the 2.6.30 and 2.6.32 trunk kernels. It does not work, for me anyway,
on the 64 bit testing & sid box. I had to revert to wicd 1.6 and the
2.6.30 kernel to get it back on the 64bit box.

It seems that I can not compile the madwifi drivers when using the
2-6-32 trunk kernels on the 64 bit testing partition. The kernel seems
to be lacking something. That is in testing. Grub2 has messed up the
booting so I can't check it out in 64bit stable or sid partitions until
I can de-grub that system.

Rather then switch to lilo, I think I will set up kubunto on a spare
200 Gig partition ans see why they don't have as many problems as I have
had lately.

Regards

Wayne