Old 02-01-2010, 08:18 PM
Tech Geek

Default Any way to create a new /var/lib/dpkg/status file for current Debian installation

Jeffrey,

*
>Don't know if there's automatic way. But one way you can try is to write a
>script to remove those sections whose "Status" is not "installed" in the
>file /var/lib/dpkg/status.

I thought about that but I wondering if APT package management has some in-built way to do it automatically. The "status" file is an important file in Debian package managment system so I would prefer something from maintainers rather than running my home brewed script.

*
Thanks for the reply though.