Old 02-01-2010, 03:20 PM
Rodolfo Medina

Default Error message when running `bootstrap'

I'm trying to build `starttls' cvs, but the `./bootstrap' command gets the
following error:

./bootstrap: line 3: gnulib-tool: command not found
aclocal: couldn't open directory `m4': No such file or directory
autoreconf: aclocal failed with exit status: 1

How can I work that out, in Lenny? Am I missing some package?

Thanks for any help
Rodolfo

Old 02-01-2010, 03:31 PM
Sven Joachim

On 2010-02-01 17:20 +0100, Rodolfo Medina wrote:

> I'm trying to build `starttls' cvs, but the `./bootstrap' command gets the
> following error:
>
> ./bootstrap: line 3: gnulib-tool: command not found
> aclocal: couldn't open directory `m4': No such file or directory
> autoreconf: aclocal failed with exit status: 1
>
> How can I work that out, in Lenny? Am I missing some package?

Yes, installing gnulib should help. BTW, you can find out where
gnulib-tool is by using apt-file or browsing packages.debian.org.

Sven

Old 02-01-2010, 05:17 PM
Rodolfo Medina

Sven Joachim <svenjoac@gmx.de> writes:

> Yes, installing gnulib should help. BTW, you can find out where
> gnulib-tool is by using apt-file or browsing packages.debian.org.

Thanks, that was helpful (although, after installing starttls, Gnus still does
not send mails through my gmail account: but this is an issue for Gnus
newsgroup).

Rodolfo