Old 02-01-2010, 02:24 PM
Brian Denheyer

Default don't upgrade grub or grub-pc ! what's wrong with LILO ?

Imagine by surprise when I finished upgrading unstable and ended up
with a system that wouldn't boot.

And I'm not the only one, judging from the bug list.

So notice to those running unstable, DON'T UPGRADE GRUB !

So you're probably wondering what my question is :-)

Is there any good reason for a system to use grub instead of lilo ?

Grub appears to me to be a annoying, complicated, and hard to
understand, and those are it's good points :-(

I never had a problem with LILO, but for some reason Deb decided to
make grub the default.

Brian