Old 01-09-2008, 09:40 PM
David

Default What is going on in debian-user?

Nate Bargmann wrote:

* Dan H <dunno@stoptrick.com> [2008 Jan 09 08:29 -0600]:

Side note: I just can't get my head around GUI stuff, and my wife is
increasingly annoyed by the GNOME desktop I installed for her and wants
to go back to Windows. After more than a decade of working on
well-honed (for my needs) Linux systems my attempts to install and
configure GUI desktops and applications have shown me how far Linux is
removed from everyday desktop useability.

I'm not trolling, but am posing a serious question, Have you had her
try KDE? She may find it more to her liking.

And Icewm, which has more of a Windows style menu structure.

David Palmer
Linux User - #352034