Old 01-31-2010, 02:09 PM
Jack Schneider

Default Segmentation fault query.

Hi, all

I need some direction. I am running Debian squeeze-amd64 and have
encountered a problem. On shutting down with kernel 2.6.32-trunk-amd64
after the system halt, I get a "segmentation fault" and hangs.
the system stays powered up. Booting with kernel 2.6.30-1 this does not
occur and the system shuts down normally. I have a "trace" output but
it's beyond my understanding and not complete as it may be scrolled off
screen.

How and to whom should this be reported? What other info should I
obtain? My syslog and messages seem to not be reporting it. as it has
"halted".

TIA Jack