Old 01-31-2010, 02:12 PM
"Sam "Blooper" Harris"

Default want the solution

Hi there!

I have IBM ThinkPad Z61t. And, want to migrate from MS Windows Vista to
Debian GNU/Linux. But, into my laptop some hardware request special
drivers, such as integrated Fingerprint, Active protection (HDD
anti-shock system), other. How I can install Debian on my laptop? Are
you can help me with solution andor links?

Respectfully yours,

Sam

--
Semper fi

Old 01-31-2010, 02:44 PM
Stephen Powell

http://www.thinkwiki.org

Old 01-31-2010, 02:45 PM
Thierry Chatelet

On Sunday 31 January 2010 16:12:29 Sam "Blooper" Harris wrote:
> Hi there!
>
> I have IBM ThinkPad Z61t. And, want to migrate from MS Windows Vista to
> Debian GNU/Linux. But, into my laptop some hardware request special
> drivers, such as integrated Fingerprint, Active protection (HDD
> anti-shock system), other. How I can install Debian on my laptop? Are
> you can help me with solution andor links?
>
> Respectfully yours,
> Sam

Well, Sam, here we are all users who answer questions freely. That to say you
can not "want" a solution. That said, my first guess is that you will need to
do a fair bit of reading first. I would start with :
http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/installmanual
which may not be the easiest guide, but the official one.
Or: http://www.aboutdebian.com/
and many others. Just google it.
Also : http://www.linux-laptop.net/ may help you.
As for fingerprint staff, I have no idea.
Thierry