Old 01-31-2010, 02:04 PM
Jan Hlodan

Default Iceweasel 3.5.6 - no search suggestions in the search-box

Hi,
does anybody know, why Iceweasel doesn't show search suggestions in
the google search-box?
Debian Squeeze i386
Iceweasel 3.5.6.
I have found just this tread:
but no answer..
Thank you.

Jan Hlodan

Old 01-31-2010, 02:33 PM
Thierry Chatelet

On Sunday 31 January 2010 16:04:27 Jan Hlodan wrote:
> Hi,
> does anybody know, why Iceweasel doesn't show search suggestions in
> the google search-box?
> Debian Squeeze i386
> Iceweasel 3.5.6.
> I have found just this tread:
> http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=48127
> but no answer..
> Thank you.
> Regards,

In Preference: Remember search and form history
Thierry

Old 01-31-2010, 02:49 PM
Sven Joachim

On 2010-01-31 16:04 +0100, Jan Hlodan wrote:

> Hi,
> does anybody know, why Iceweasel doesn't show search suggestions in
> the google search-box?

I don't know but I suspect some change on Goggle's side. In Wikipedia's
search engine suggestions still work.

If anybody has more information, please share it.

Sven

Old 01-31-2010, 02:54 PM
Sven Joachim

On 2010-01-31 16:33 +0100, Thierry Chatelet wrote:

> On Sunday 31 January 2010 16:04:27 Jan Hlodan wrote:
>> Hi,
>> does anybody know, why Iceweasel doesn't show search suggestions in
>> the google search-box?
>> Debian Squeeze i386
>> Iceweasel 3.5.6.
>> I have found just this tread:
>> http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=48127
>> but no answer..
>> Thank you.
>> Regards,
>>
> In Preference: Remember search and form history

This will show previously entered values, and is not broken (at least
not for me). What Jan means is that _Google_'s suggestions¹ are no
longer shown.

Sven

¹ http://kb.mozillazine.org/Browser.search.suggest.enabled