Old 01-31-2010, 01:05 PM
Jan Hlodan

Default Squeeze: gnome-screensaver starts when watching movies

Hi,
Debian Squeeze i386
when I'm watching a movie (in smplayer, full screen), screensaver starts.
I set: screensaver will start after 10 minutes of inactivity +
password required.
But screensaver is really annoying when watching movies...
I checked Ubuntu 9.10 and screensaver didn't start when smplayer was
playing movie.
Is it a bug of gnome-screensaver or features?
Thank you.

Jan Hlodan

Sent from Prague, Czech Republic

Old 02-01-2010, 08:29 AM
Camaleón

On Sun, 31 Jan 2010 15:05:45 +0100, Jan Hlodan wrote:

> when I'm watching a movie (in smplayer, full screen), screensaver
> starts. I set: screensaver will start after 10 minutes of inactivity +
> password required.
> But screensaver is really annoying when watching movies...

SMPlayer has an option to disable screensaver while watching movies. It's
under Preferences / Video (tab).

Additional info (see comment #18):

Mplayer -stop-xscreensaver doesn't work with gnome-screensaver
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/mplayer/+bug/6620

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Old 02-01-2010, 06:54 PM
Jan Hlodan

Totem works fine, so it seems that the problem is only in smplayer.
(disable screensaver option is enabled in both)
Regards,

On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 10:29 AM, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 31 Jan 2010 15:05:45 +0100, Jan Hlodan wrote:
>
>> when I'm watching a movie (in smplayer, full screen), screensaver
>> starts. I set: screensaver will start after 10 minutes of inactivity +
>> password required.
>> But screensaver is really annoying when watching movies...
>
> SMPlayer has an option to disable screensaver while watching movies. It's
> under Preferences / Video (tab).
>
> Additional info (see comment #18):
>
> Mplayer -stop-xscreensaver doesn't work with gnome-screensaver
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/mplayer/+bug/6620
>
> Greetings,
>
> --
> Camaleón