-   -   Squeeze: gnome-screensaver starts when watching movies (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/317969-squeeze-gnome-screensaver-starts-when-watching-movies.html)

Jan Hlodan 01-31-2010 01:05 PM

Squeeze: gnome-screensaver starts when watching movies

Hi,
Debian Squeeze i386
when I'm watching a movie (in smplayer, full screen), screensaver starts.
I set: screensaver will start after 10 minutes of inactivity +
password required.
But screensaver is really annoying when watching movies...
I checked Ubuntu 9.10 and screensaver didn't start when smplayer was
playing movie.
Is it a bug of gnome-screensaver or features?
Thank you.

Jan Hlodan

Sent from Prague, Czech Republic

Camaleón 02-01-2010 08:29 AM

On Sun, 31 Jan 2010 15:05:45 +0100, Jan Hlodan wrote:

> when I'm watching a movie (in smplayer, full screen), screensaver
> starts. I set: screensaver will start after 10 minutes of inactivity +
> password required.
> But screensaver is really annoying when watching movies...

SMPlayer has an option to disable screensaver while watching movies. It's
under Preferences / Video (tab).

Additional info (see comment #18):

Mplayer -stop-xscreensaver doesn't work with gnome-screensaver
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/mplayer/+bug/6620

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Jan Hlodan 02-01-2010 06:54 PM

Squeeze: gnome-screensaver starts when watching movies

Totem works fine, so it seems that the problem is only in smplayer.
(disable screensaver option is enabled in both)
Regards,

On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 10:29 AM, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 31 Jan 2010 15:05:45 +0100, Jan Hlodan wrote:
>
>> when I'm watching a movie (in smplayer, full screen), screensaver
>> starts. I set: screensaver will start after 10 minutes of inactivity +
>> password required.
>> But screensaver is really annoying when watching movies...
>
> SMPlayer has an option to disable screensaver while watching movies. It's
> under Preferences / Video (tab).
>
> Additional info (see comment #18):
>
> Mplayer -stop-xscreensaver doesn't work with gnome-screensaver
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/mplayer/+bug/6620
>
> Greetings,
>
> --
> Camaleón