Old 01-30-2010, 04:17 PM
Hans de Goede

Default mdadm created raid 10 set problem in anaconda 13.x

Hi,

On 01/31/2010 03:25 AM, Clyde E. Kunkel wrote:

So far I have been able to get to a custom layout screen and can see an
entry for /dev/md127 which is a raid10 PV with existing VG and LVs.
However, the VGs and LVs are not being displayed.

This most likely related to the backtrace you posted in bug 560331, lets
resolve that first, then hopefully this will go away all by itself.

Regards,

Hans

Old 01-31-2010, 01:25 AM
"Clyde E. Kunkel"

So far I have been able to get to a custom layout screen and can see an
entry for /dev/md127 which is a raid10 PV with existing VG and LVs.
However, the VGs and LVs are not being displayed.

Would the problem be due to the metadata version?

sudo mdadm --detail /dev/md127
/dev/md127:
Version : 0.90
Creation Time : Tue Aug 25 23:23:50 2009
Raid Level : raid10
Array Size : 81919872 (78.12 GiB 83.89 GB)
Used Dev Size : 40959936 (39.06 GiB 41.94 GB)
Raid Devices : 4
Total Devices : 4
Preferred Minor : 127
Persistence : Superblock is persistent

Update Time : Sat Jan 30 21:15:35 2010
State : active
Active Devices : 4
Working Devices : 4
Failed Devices : 0
Spare Devices : 0

Layout : near=2
Chunk Size : 64K

UUID : b9438b55:1d815c8b:bfe78010:bc810f04
Events : 0.189617

Number Major Minor RaidDevice State
0 8 1 0 active sync /dev/sda1
1 8 17 1 active sync /dev/sdb1
2 8 33 2 active sync /dev/sdc1
3 8 49 3 active sync /dev/sdd1

Old 02-05-2010, 04:00 AM
"Clyde E. Kunkel"

So far I have been able to get to a custom layout screen and can see an
entry for /dev/md127 which is a raid10 PV with existing VG and LVs.
However, the VGs and LVs are not being displayed.

This most likely related to the backtrace you posted in bug 560331, lets
resolve that first, then hopefully this will go away all by itself.

Regards,

Hans

560331 is resolved as of anaconda 13.25; however, the VG and LVs on the
raid 10 set are still not being displayed. Unless, I first go to tty-2,
mdadm --assemble --scan, then lvm pvscan. Then the raid set appears in
the initial select devices screen as an unknown device and the VG and
LVs show up in the custom layout screens.

Should I file a bz on this?

Old 02-05-2010, 06:14 AM
David Lehman

Clyde,

See patch 3/7 from the set I just sent to the list. It should fix the
problem you describe. Feel free to file a bug if you'd like to have it
for tracking.

Dave

Old 02-05-2010, 01:38 PM
"Clyde E. Kunkel"

See patch 3/7 from the set I just sent to the list. It should fix the
problem you describe. Feel free to file a bug if you'd like to have it
for tracking.

Dave

<snip>

OK, thanks. I'll watch for the next anaconda.

Old 02-24-2010, 02:14 AM
"Clyde E. Kunkel"

[...]

Problem has come back. The raid 10 set is not being assembled by
anaconda. I have to manually assemble it in tty-2 in order for it to be
listed as a device (says unknown) in the initial select device screen.
In addition, I have other VGs not on the raid 10 set and they are not
shown either. In tty-2 those LVs are shown as inactive. After doing a
lvm vgchange -ay, all LVs are present and active and then can be seen in
the custom layout screens. Bz 567829 submitted.