Old 01-30-2010, 03:26 PM
Camaleón

Default malayalam font rendering

On Sun, 31 Jan 2010 02:52:50 +0530, Jeffrin Jose wrote:

> I use debian GNU/Linux.
> My website is hosted on a machine
> which has wordpress installed.
> I have installed a plugin related to google transliteration. when i type
> malayalam language i see malayalam in my blog,but when i publish the
> blog i see question marks and not the language. Please help me to fix
> it.

Can you read Yahoo malayalam page?:

http://in.malayalam.yahoo.com/

If not, most surely you have to install some malayalam fonts:

sm01@stt008:~$ apt-cache search ttf-malayalam-fonts
ttf-malayalam-fonts - Free TrueType fonts for the Malayalam language

I had to do something similar to read japanese websites.

Also, be sure the browser is configured to auto-detect character encoding
and your blog (x)html page is coded with UTF-8.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Old 01-30-2010, 08:22 PM
Jeffrin Jose

hello all

I use debian GNU/Linux.
My website is hosted on a machine
which has wordpress installed.
I have installed a plugin related to google transliteration.
when i type malayalam language i see malayalam in my blog,but
when i publish the blog i see question marks and not the language.
Please help me to fix it.
all thanks,
/Jeffrin.

Old 01-30-2010, 10:26 PM
"H.S."

Jeffrin Jose wrote:
> hello all
>
> I use debian GNU/Linux.
> My website is hosted on a machine
> which has wordpress installed.
> I have installed a plugin related to google transliteration.
> when i type malayalam language i see malayalam in my blog,but
> when i publish the blog i see question marks and not the language.
> Please help me to fix it.
> all thanks,
> /Jeffrin.

Not an expert at this, but I suppose you should check the source of the
published version of the web page. IT should be encoded in utf-8 for the
fonts to show correctly.

Regards.

ever having been read.