Old 01-30-2010, 05:04 AM
Ogya Chief

Default Sid Sound Problem

Hi All,

I am running sid on my laptop. I cannot get any sound output at all. When the computer is booting up, the following error message shows:
** Starting Open Sound System: Failed* (No Modules detected).

What kernel module needs to be installed to fix this problem.

Kind regards,
Ogya

Old 01-30-2010, 02:58 PM
"Wayne

Ogya Chief wrote:

Hi All,

I am running sid on my laptop. I cannot get any sound output at all. When the computer is booting up, the following error message shows:
Starting Open Sound System: Failed (No Modules detected).

What kernel module needs to be installed to fix this problem.

It depends on your laptop. We can't figure that out for you. You
could do an lspci -v and find out though. You might also do a
dmesg |less and search for audio and it might just tell you why id isn't
working.

Wayne

--
Give an man to fish, feed him for a day
Teach a man to fish, feed him for life

Old 01-31-2010, 01:00 AM
Ogya Chief

> Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2010 10:58:15 -0500
> From: linuxtwo@gmail.com
> To: ogyachief@hotmail.com
> CC: debian-user@lists.debian.org
> Subject: Re: Sid Sound Problem
>
> Ogya Chief wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I am running sid on my laptop. I cannot get any sound output at all. When the computer is booting up, the following error message shows:
> > Starting Open Sound System: Failed (No Modules detected).
> >
> > What kernel module needs to be installed to fix this problem.
> >

> It depends on your laptop. We can't figure that out for you. You
> could do an lspci -v and find out though. You might also do a
> dmesg |less and search for audio and it might just tell you why id isn't
> working.
>
> Wayne
>
> --
> Give an man to fish, feed him for a day
> Teach a man to fish, feed him for life

Thanks Wayne,

The audio device is ATI Technologies Inc SBx00 Azalia (Intel HDA) but dmesg does not report any error.
Â*

Old 01-31-2010, 12:28 PM
"Wayne

I am running sid on my laptop. I cannot get any sound output at all. When the computer is booting up, the following error message shows:
Starting Open Sound System: Failed (No Modules detected).

What kernel module needs to be installed to fix this problem.

It depends on your laptop. We can't figure that out for you. You
could do an lspci -v and find out though. You might also do a
dmesg |less and search for audio and it might just tell you why id isn't
working.

The audio device is ATI Technologies Inc SBx00 Azalia (Intel HDA) but dmesg does not report any error.

Check the past 2-3 days of the list. ISTR that someone had a problem
with the Intel HDA after an upgrade. I don't have that problem, thankfully.

HTH

Wayne