Old 01-30-2010, 01:47 AM
George

Default Disabling the Compaq CQ60 touchpad

I have a Compaq CQ60 (I've posted before about it without success).
The problem is that the touchpad keeps working no matter what I do. I
even tried uninstalling the xserver-xorg-input-synaptics (or something
like that) package, but it still works. I think the problem is that
the system is treating the touchpad as a normal mouse when a driver is
not loaded. In windows there is no way to disable it unless the driver
is loaded.

Any help will be greatly appreciated as I'm on the verge of insanity
with this touchpad.