Old 01-29-2010, 01:49 PM
Matteo Riva

Default Can't get fglrx driver to work after recent xserver update (squeeze)

After yesterdays upgrade which contained new xserver packages, I can't
run the fglrx non-free driver anymore. I installed the latest version
with the sgfxi[1] script but when xserver dies immediately with no
screens found and this error message

dlopen: /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/fglrx_drv.so: undefined symbol: Up

I can run the xserver deleting xorg.conf (which I guess defaults to
the foss driver) but the performance is poor.
Any help greatly appreciated.

[1] http://smxi.org/

Old 01-29-2010, 03:31 PM
Johan Grönqvist

Matteo Riva skrev:

After yesterdays upgrade which contained new xserver packages, I can't
run the fglrx non-free driver anymore. I installed the latest version
with the sgfxi[1] script [...]

Are you aware that the fglrx driver was removed from squeeze on the 25th
to allow for the xorg transition, and that a new version was uploaded to
sid on the 28th with the changelog text "still no xorg 7.5 support"?

I believe the new xorg that just entered squeeze is the 7.5 version. I
do not know about the sgfxi script, but regarding the debian packages,
it seems reasonable to me to expect difficult problems.

I have no suggestions for solutions.

/ johan