Old 01-29-2010, 12:13 AM
Adam Hardy

Default tomcat apache2 connector on lenny

I am setting up apache2 with to connect to tomcat, on lenny, using the packages
available in the lenny repo. I installed libapache2-mod-jk and I'm following the
documentation there and grabbing what info I can find from google.

So I think I have everything pretty much configured right in line with the lenny
package config for tomcat, apache2 and libapache2-mod-jk.

I am trying to set up 2 virtualhosts on this tomcat and something is wrong.
Apache returns 503 - service temporarily unavailable.

In the mod_jk.log, I have this:
jk_open_socket::jk_connect.c (566): connect to 10.153.118.230:8009 failed
(errno=111)
ajp_connect_to_endpoint::jk_ajp_common.c (869): Failed opening socket to
(10.153.118.230:8009) (errno=111)
ajp_send_request::jk_ajp_common.c (1359): (ajp13_worker) connecting to backend
failed. Tomcat is probably not started or is listening on the wrong port (errno=111)

jk_handler::mod_jk.c (2364): Service error=-3 for worker=ajp13_worker

I have a connector defined in tomcat's server.xml like this:

<Connector port="8009"
enableLookups="false" redirectPort="8443" protocol="AJP/1.3" />

It looks like something is seriously wrong with this AJP connector.

Any inspiration direly needed,

thanks
Adam