Old 01-28-2010, 03:57 AM
hadi motamedi

Default Advanced fsck?

Dear All
My*Debian server got file system inconsistency , asking for "type Ctrl-D for normal boot or give root password for maintenance to run fsck manually". I tried for manually run fsck , as the followings :

#fsck -s /dev/hda3
But after rebooting the server it will come back again at the similar prompt asking for "give root password for maintenance" . Can you please do me favor and let me know how can I try for advanced fsck to fix the bug?

Thank you

Old 01-28-2010, 04:45 AM
hadi motamedi

Dear All
My*CentOS server got file system inconsistency , asking for "type Ctrl-D for normal boot or give root password for maintenance to run fsck manually". I tried for manually run fsck , as the followings :