Old 01-31-2010, 01:23 PM
António PT

Default rollback X, SIS671/771

Thanks! I didn't know there was such a project.

2010/1/28 Florian Reitmeir <florian@reitmeir.org>

Hi,

http://snapshot.debian.net/

On Thu, 28 Jan 2010, Sebastian wrote:

I have a SIS 671/771 graphics card in my laptop (Fujitsu Esprimo

v5535) which has always given me grief. It was running smoothly with

resolution up to 1024x800 however with a driver I downloaded from the

net[1] on my debian squeeze/sid (apt prefers testing).

After the xorg update from last night though the downloaded driver

(sisimedia) stopped working and even after a good bit of fiddling with

xorg.conf I only get the vesa-driver running (800x600). Which is - of

course - not very nice...

So, two questions:

1. How can I rollback my X to the way it was before?

2. Anybody had any success with the mentioned graphics card?

--

Florian Reitmeir