Old 01-26-2010, 01:05 PM
David Baron

Default New Router

Made the switch from an old and slow ADSL modem running pptp to a router quite
painlessly. Had to have ddclient use a web interface to get the IP number
since this is now hidden inside the router. Works fine.

I had the network disconnect. Using pptp, I had a cron job to reconnect if
need be which ran periodically. How do I do this with the router short of
manually running netcardconfig?

(The router has not setup interface I have found. It should try to stay
connected but it might well have. netcardconfig reconnected the computer to
the router!)

Old 01-26-2010, 04:14 PM
Stephen Powell

On 2010-01-26 at 09:05:27 -0500, David Baron wrote:
> Using pptp, I had a cron job to reconnect if
> need be which ran periodically. How do I do this with the router short of
> manually running netcardconfig?

I'm not sure what you're asking, since an Ethernet connection to a
router is "permanently on". If you're having trouble with the
interface, you can take it down and bring it back up again with
something like

ifdown eth0
ifup eth0