Old 01-25-2010, 06:59 PM
Jimmy Johnson

Default Aptitude message stops install..

I keep getting this message and it stops the install, upgrade or removal
of packages, how can I continue, fix the problem and/or get rid or the
message?
jack-audio-connection-kit (0.118+svn3796-2) unstable; urgency=low

/etc/init.d/jackd has been removed.

Former jackd packages provided an initscript to start jackd at
boottime, however, this mode is discouraged by upstream and was
therefore dropped in jack-audio-connection-kit-0.116.2+svn3592-2.

See #565117 (and #527642) for more information.

-- Adrian Knoth <adi@drcomp.erfurt.thur.de> Thu, 14 Jan 2010 12:06:57
+0100

krb5 (1.8+dfsg~alpha1-1) unstable; urgency=low

* This version of MIT Kerberos disables DES and 56-bit RC4 by default.
These encryption types are generally regarded as weak; defeating them
is well within the expected resources of some attackers. However,
some applications, such as OpenAFS or Kerberized NFS, still rely on
DES. To re-enable DES support add allow_weak_crypto=true to the
libdefaults section of /etc/krb5.conf

-- Sam Hartman <hartmans@debian.org> Fri, 08 Jan 2010 22:41:14 -0500

Old 01-25-2010, 07:14 PM
Stephen Powell

On 2010-01-25 at 14:59:15 -0500, Jimmy Johnson wrote:
> I keep getting this message and it stops the install, upgrade or removal
> of packages, how can I continue, fix the problem and/or get rid or the
> message?
> jack-audio-connection-kit (0.118+svn3796-2) unstable; urgency=low
>
> /etc/init.d/jackd has been removed.
>
> Former jackd packages provided an initscript to start jackd at
> boottime, however, this mode is discouraged by upstream and was
> therefore dropped in jack-audio-connection-kit-0.116.2+svn3592-2.
>
> See #565117 (and #527642) for more information.
>
> -- Adrian Knoth <adi@drcomp.erfurt.thur.de> Thu, 14 Jan 2010 12:06:57
> +0100
>
> krb5 (1.8+dfsg~alpha1-1) unstable; urgency=low
>
> * This version of MIT Kerberos disables DES and 56-bit RC4 by default.
> These encryption types are generally regarded as weak; defeating them
> is well within the expected resources of some attackers. However,
> some applications, such as OpenAFS or Kerberized NFS, still rely on
> DES. To re-enable DES support add allow_weak_crypto=true to the
> libdefaults section of /etc/krb5.conf
>
> -- Sam Hartman <hartmans@debian.org> Fri, 08 Jan 2010 22:41:14 -0500

The message is being displayed with "less". Do you see the "END" at the end?
If not, press the space bar to scroll forward. Press repeatedly and you will
eventually see "END" at the end, the end-of-file marker displayed by less.
Type the letter "q" (without the quotes) to exit less.

Old 01-25-2010, 07:14 PM
Tyler Smith

Jimmy Johnson <field.engineer@gmail.com> writes:

> I keep getting this message and it stops the install, upgrade or removal
> of packages, how can I continue, fix the problem and/or get rid or the
> message?

It looks like you've got apt-listchanges installed. This displays
changes to packages using less as the pager. q should close less and
resume the installation.

Tyler