-   -   PCMCIA wifi card (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/314872-pcmcia-wifi-card.html)

Christopher Judd 01-25-2010 06:41 PM

PCMCIA wifi card

Hi,

I just received a used laptop (Toshiba Satellite 135-S125) from a
colleague. I intend to install Debian on it, and I had a couple of
questions.

1. Any problems running Debian on this laptop?

2. Any recommendations for a dependable pcmcia wireless card?

Thanks in advance.

-Chris

| Christopher Judd, Ph. D. |
| Research Scientist III |
| NYS Dept. of Health judd@wadsworth.org |
| Wadsworth Center - ESP |
| P. O. Box 509 518 486-7829 |
| Albany, NY 12201-0509 |

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This e-mail and any attachments may contain
confidential or sensitive information which is, or may be, legally
privileged or otherwise protected by law from further disclosure. It
is intended only for the addressee. If you received this in error or
from someone who was not authorized to send it to you, please do not
distribute, copy or use it or any attachments. Please notify the
sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this from your
system. Thank you for your cooperation.

"S. Fishpaste" 01-25-2010 10:57 PM

PCMCIA wifi card

On Mon, 25 Jan 2010 14:41:24 -0500, Christopher Judd in gmane.linux.debian.user wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just received a used laptop (Toshiba Satellite 135-S125) from a
> colleague. I intend to install Debian on it, and I had a couple of
> questions.
>
> 1. Any problems running Debian on this laptop?

Sorry can't tell you that; But I have installed Debian Sid on a
Toshiba Satellite 1800 without any problem.

> 2. Any recommendations for a dependable pcmcia wireless card?

I'm happy with my D-Link AirPlus G (DWL-G630) at around $30 Canadian.