Old 01-25-2010, 11:37 AM
Rick Pasotto

Default upgrade to testing (Gnome): audio playback borked

On Sun, Jan 24, 2010 at 11:48:36PM -0800, Jim McCloskey wrote:

> After an upgrade to Debian testing this weekend (jan 23, 2010), audio
> playback on my desktop GNOME machine was left in a compromised state.

What kernel are you using? Sound didn't work for me using 2.6.30 but
worked fine with 2.6.26 and 2.6.32.

--
"In a civilized society, all crimes are likely to be sins, but most sins
are not and ought not to be treated as crimes." -- Geoffrey Fisher, 1959

Old 01-25-2010, 03:46 PM
Jim McCloskey

* Rick Pasotto (rick@niof.net) wrote:

|> What kernel are you using? Sound didn't work for me using 2.6.30 but
|> worked fine with 2.6.26 and 2.6.32.

Thank you, Rick. I'm using 2.6.32, but I don't believe it can be a
kernel issue since sound actually works very well, as long as you
stick to the basic utilities (aplay, mplayer, mpg321 and so on).

Jim

Old 01-25-2010, 05:09 PM
vitaminx

Hi,

do you have any audio managers installed? (e.g. pulseaudio, jackd, esd)

can you please post the content of ~/.asoundrc and /etc/asoundrc if
these files exist in your installation?

greetings,
vitaminx