Old 01-07-2008, 09:39 PM
Davide Mancusi

Default Broken Swedish keyboard layout

Hello everyone,

My X server is configured with a double keyboard layout, as this
excerpt from the config file shows:

Section "InputDevice"
Identifier "Generic Keyboard"
Driver "kbd"
Option "CoreKeyboard"
Option "XkbRules" "xorg"
Option "XkbModel" "pc104"
Option "XkbLayout" "it,se"
Option "XkbOptions"
"grp:shifts_toggle,compose:menu,lv3:rwin_switc h"

EndSection

However, the Swedish (se) layout has been broken for a while now. If I
type "qwerty", for example, I obtain "@ł€rt←", which is a bit annoying.
Anyone with the same problem? Running Sid on amd64.

Cheers,
Davide

--
A tautology is a thing which is tautological.

Old 01-08-2008, 07:46 PM
Florian Kulzer

On Mon, Jan 07, 2008 at 23:39:34 +0100, Davide Mancusi wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> My X server is configured with a double keyboard layout, as this
> excerpt from the config file shows:
>
> Section "InputDevice"
> Identifier "Generic Keyboard"
> Driver "kbd"
> Option "CoreKeyboard"
> Option "XkbRules" "xorg"
> Option "XkbModel" "pc104"
> Option "XkbLayout" "it,se"
> Option "XkbOptions"
> "grp:shifts_toggle,compose:menu,lv3:rwin_switc h"
> EndSection
>
> However, the Swedish (se) layout has been broken for a while now. If I
> type "qwerty", for example, I obtain "@ł€rt←", which is a bit annoying.
> Anyone with the same problem? Running Sid on amd64.

I also run Sid on amd64. I see the same broken behavior when I use your
keyboard definition in my xorg.conf. Running "setxkbmap" without
arguments seems to restore the normal "se" keyboard. This is probably a
bug somewhere in xkb-data.

Florian |

Old 01-09-2008, 05:06 PM
Davide Mancusi

Florian Kulzer ha scritto:
[...]
However, the Swedish (se) layout has been broken for a while now. If I
type "qwerty", for example, I obtain "@ł€rt←", which is a bit annoying.
Anyone with the same problem? Running Sid on amd64.

I also run Sid on amd64. I see the same broken behavior when I use your
keyboard definition in my xorg.conf. Running "setxkbmap" without
arguments seems to restore the normal "se" keyboard. This is probably a
bug somewhere in xkb-data.

Thanks, Florian. I will file a bug report.

Davide