Old 01-24-2010, 10:52 PM
Vadkan Jozsef

Default only sftp

Now this is funny.

All the years pass, and theres no _NORMAL_ solution for this:

e.g.:

1 - theres a webmin on a server, an admin creates a domain on it.
2 - another admin [who manages _one_ domain] creates e.g.: a new user in
the domain.
3 - missing thing: that they can only use chrooted sftp [with shell
like: /bin/false].

Why? Why can't I create a normal chrooted SFTP server?

Why is that I set "ChrootDirectory %h" option in sshd_config, and when I
SFTP to it, it puts me on /????? [permission denied]

This thing really s*cks.

Developers are very lazy.

Why isn't there a GOOD solution to replace the old FTP to
SFTP???????.....

Old 01-25-2010, 08:41 AM
Johannes Wiedersich

Vadkan Jozsef wrote:
> Now this is funny.

Your mail is funny. There are solutions for your problem. It appears you
just have been too lazy to search properly.

> 3 - missing thing: that they can only use chrooted sftp [with shell
> like: /bin/false].
>
> Why? Why can't I create a normal chrooted SFTP server?

Like with scponly or rssh?

> Developers are very lazy.

It seems *you* have just been lazy in looking at the software archives,
search the web, etc.

While you are insulting our developers: Where is your contribution to
debian? What have you achieved in providing good software to others for
free?

> Why isn't there a GOOD solution to replace the old FTP to
> SFTP???????.....

There is. See my other post.

With posts like yours the only thing you achieve with respect to
developers is an increase in frustration that will cause them to have
less energy to persue their work on improving all our software.

--
Johannes

Three nations have not officially adopted the International System
of Units as their primary or sole system of measurement: Burma,
Liberia, and the United States.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Si_units