Old 01-23-2010, 02:07 AM
Umarzuki Bin Mochlis Moktar

Default cannot install iceweasel 3.5 from lenny-backports

i had enabled lenny-backports but "aptitude -t lenny-backports install
iceweasel" installs Iceweasel 3.0.6

my /etc/apt/sources.list as below

deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian lenny main contrib non-free
deb http://security.debian.org/ lenny/updates main
deb http://volatile.debian.org/debian-volatile lenny/volatile main
main
deb ftp://ftp.debian-multimedia.org lenny main
deb http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/debian lenny non-free
deb http://www.backports.org/debian lenny-backports main contrib
non-free
deb http://dl.google.com/linux/deb/ stable non-free

my /etc/apt/preferences as below

Package: *
Pin: release a=lenny
Pin-Priority: 200

Package: *
Pin: release a=lenny-backports
Pin-Priority: 100

where is my mistake?

Old 01-23-2010, 02:36 AM
"Wayne

Umarzuki Bin Mochlis Moktar wrote:

[...]

aptitude install Iceweasel=3.0.6 ??

Wayne

Old 01-23-2010, 02:39 AM
"Wayne

[...]

Woops

aptitude install iceweasel=(version you want)

get the full version by doing
aptitude show iceweasel

Wayne

Old 01-23-2010, 05:07 AM
Sven Joachim

On 2010-01-23 04:07 +0100, Umarzuki Bin Mochlis Moktar wrote:

> i had enabled lenny-backports but "aptitude -t lenny-backports install
> iceweasel" installs Iceweasel 3.0.6

Since the backport is brand new, it simply might not be available for
your architecture yet. What does "apt-cache policy iceweasel" print?

Sven

Old 01-23-2010, 06:49 AM
Umarzuki Mochlis

On 2010-01-23 04:07 +0100, Umarzuki Bin Mochlis Moktar wrote:

> i had enabled lenny-backports but "aptitude -t lenny-backports install

> iceweasel" installs Iceweasel 3.0.6

Since the backport is brand new, it simply might not be available for

your architecture yet. *What does "apt-cache policy iceweasel" print?

# apt-cache policy iceweaseliceweasel:**Installed: (none)**Candidate: 3.0.6-3
**Version table:** * 3.0.6-3 0** * * *500 http://security.debian.org lenny/updates/main Packages** * 3.0.6-1 0** * * *500 http://ftp.us.debian.org lenny/main Packages
*

Sven

Umarzuki Mochlis