Old 01-22-2010, 08:39 PM
"Todd A. Jacobs"

Default Bonding virtual wireless interfaces?

I have a network that caps each MAC address at 384K at the wireless
access point, and was wondering if it's technically feasible to increase
throughput by adding additional virtual interfaces.

My thought is that if I have wlan0, I could add a second interface at
wlan0:1 to get a second MAC/IP address pair, giving myself access to
768Kbps aggregate. Assuming that works, what I can't really figure out
is how to route round-robin across two interfaces like that.

Bonding doesn't seem like the answer, insofar as it creates a single
virtual interface, which then puts me back to 384K. Is what I'm trying
to do possible, and if so, is there a how-to that explains how to use
both interfaces simultaneously?

--
"Oh, look: rocks!"
-- Doctor Who, "Destiny of the Daleks"

Old 01-22-2010, 09:42 PM
Marco Vaschetto

Todd A. Jacobs ha scritto:

I have a network that caps each MAC address at 384K at the wireless
access point, and was wondering if it's technically feasible to increase
throughput by adding additional virtual interfaces.

My thought is that if I have wlan0, I could add a second interface at
wlan0:1 to get a second MAC/IP address pair, giving myself access to
768Kbps aggregate. Assuming that works, what I can't really figure out
is how to route round-robin across two interfaces like that.

Bonding doesn't seem like the answer, insofar as it creates a single
virtual interface, which then puts me back to 384K. Is what I'm trying
to do possible, and if so, is there a how-to that explains how to use
both interfaces simultaneously?

let me understand you want make a virtual interfaces on wlan like wlan0
virtual wlan0:0

and later make a bonding of the hardware interfaces and virtual??

I think you don't need, or better like this you don't make your Ethernet
more fast because the really interface is only one

if you add a new card the bonding make faster then now your Ethernet if
you add only one "alias" or virtual interfaces is more

convenient for connect the same card to two different network.

Hi Marco