Old 01-22-2010, 11:11 AM
Marco Vaschetto

Default problem whit virtual interfaces

Hallo to all the mailing list,

I got some trouble for configure two ip address on my eth0 ....,

this is the "/etc/network/interfaces" file

#eth0:1 local ethernet
auto eth0:1
iface eth0:1 inet dhcp

#eth0 pubblic ip
allow-hotplug
auto eth0
iface eth0 inet static
address 195.137.146.82
netmask 255.255.255.248
network 195.137.146.80
broadcast 195.137.146.87
gateway 195.137.146.81

but when in the boot strap is try to up eth0:1 is failed the error I
receive is this:

failed to bring up eth0:1

I forget some think?

thank's for help.

Marco

Old 01-22-2010, 11:15 AM
Camaleón

On Fri, 22 Jan 2010 13:11:18 +0100, Marco Vaschetto wrote:

> iface eth0 inet static

Shouldn't that read "iface eth0:1 inet static"? :-?
^^^^^^

Greetings,

--
Camaleón