Old 01-22-2010, 03:54 AM
Jerome BENOIT

Default libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3 dependency on Squeeze

Hello List,

I have just found this link www.techgyaan.org/2009/04/how-to-fix-error-while-loading-shared.html
which allow to fix the issue.

Is there a more Debian way to fix it ?

Jerome

Jerome BENOIT wrote:

Hello List,

I have recently downloaded a binary file which depends on
libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3 ,
an old version of ibstdc++-libc6 : I can run it on an old computer, but
I would like

to run it on my amd64 Squeeze box ( which has libstdc++.so.6 ).

Is there a way to do so ?

Thanks in advance,
Jerome

--
Jerome BENOIT
jgmbenoit-at+rezozer*dot_net

Old 01-22-2010, 05:10 AM
Alan Ianson

On Fri, 2010-01-22 at 10:45 +0800, Jerome BENOIT wrote:
> Hello List,
>
> I have recently downloaded a binary file which depends on libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3 ,
> an old version of ibstdc++-libc6 : I can run it on an old computer, but I would like
> to run it on my amd64 Squeeze box ( which has libstdc++.so.6 ).
>
> Is there a way to do so ?

I have an older program here too that needs libstdc++5 to run. There is
no such thing in squeeze so I install that package from lenny and that
old app runs fine.

May or may not work for you but might be worth a try.

Old 01-23-2010, 05:34 AM
Jerome BENOIT

Thanks for your reply:
very fortunately, it works.