FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Debian > Debian User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 01-07-2008, 06:15 PM
"Amogh Hooshdar"
 
Default how to install sun java plugin for iceweasel in Debian?

How can I install the Sun Java plugin for Icewesel in Debian Lenny?

I tried copying the libjavaplugin_oji.so as shown below.

cp /opt/jdk1.6.0_01/jre/plugin/i386/ns7-gcc29/libjavaplugin_oji.so
~/.mozilla/plugins/
cp /opt/jdk1.6.0_01/jre/plugin/i386/ns7/libjavaplugin_oji.so ~/.mozilla/plugins/

But both attempts did not work. Please help.


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 01-07-2008, 07:19 PM
Jeff D
 
Default how to install sun java plugin for iceweasel in Debian?

Amogh Hooshdar wrote:

How can I install the Sun Java plugin for Icewesel in Debian Lenny?

I tried copying the libjavaplugin_oji.so as shown below.

cp /opt/jdk1.6.0_01/jre/plugin/i386/ns7-gcc29/libjavaplugin_oji.so
~/.mozilla/plugins/
cp /opt/jdk1.6.0_01/jre/plugin/i386/ns7/libjavaplugin_oji.so ~/.mozilla/plugins/

But both attempts did not work. Please help.




java 6 is available via non-free, make sure you have non-free in your
sources list then , apt-get update ; apt-get install sun-java6-plugin
and that should get you all set.



--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 01-07-2008, 08:23 PM
Dal
 
Default how to install sun java plugin for iceweasel in Debian?

Amogh Hooshdar wrote:

How can I install the Sun Java plugin for Icewesel in Debian Lenny?

I tried copying the libjavaplugin_oji.so as shown below.

cp /opt/jdk1.6.0_01/jre/plugin/i386/ns7-gcc29/libjavaplugin_oji.so
~/.mozilla/plugins/
cp /opt/jdk1.6.0_01/jre/plugin/i386/ns7/libjavaplugin_oji.so ~/.mozilla/plugins/

But both attempts did not work. Please help.


There has to be just link for that plugin, I don't really know why, but
it didn't work for me to.
So just try ln -s
/opt/jdk1.6.0_01/jre/plugin/i386/ns7-gcc29/libjavaplugin_oji.so
~/.mozilla/plugins/libjavaplugin_oji.so


It just might work.


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 01-07-2008, 08:36 PM
Nyizsnyik Ferenc
 
Default how to install sun java plugin for iceweasel in Debian?

On Mon, 07 Jan 2008 22:23:04 +0100
Dal <mldal@linuxsystem.cz> wrote:

> Amogh Hooshdar wrote:
> > How can I install the Sun Java plugin for Icewesel in Debian Lenny?
> >
> > I tried copying the libjavaplugin_oji.so as shown below.
> >
> > cp /opt/jdk1.6.0_01/jre/plugin/i386/ns7-gcc29/libjavaplugin_oji.so
> > ~/.mozilla/plugins/
> > cp /opt/jdk1.6.0_01/jre/plugin/i386/ns7/libjavaplugin_oji.so
> > ~/.mozilla/plugins/
> >
> > But both attempts did not work. Please help.
> >
> >
> There has to be just link for that plugin, I don't really know why,
> but it didn't work for me to.
> So just try ln -s
> /opt/jdk1.6.0_01/jre/plugin/i386/ns7-gcc29/libjavaplugin_oji.so
^^^
> ~/.mozilla/plugins/libjavaplugin_oji.so
>
> It just might work.
>
>

I would rather Amogh used ..../ns7/libjavaplugin_oji.so
(not the ns7-gcc29 you mentioned).

--
Szia:
Nyizsa.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Finally - A spam blocker that actually works.
http://www.bluebottle.com/tag/4


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 01-13-2008, 05:56 PM
"Amogh Hooshdar"
 
Default how to install sun java plugin for iceweasel in Debian?

I forgot to mention that I use Debian AMD 64 bit. Is this the cause of
the problem?

On Jan 8, 2008 3:06 AM, Nyizsnyik Ferenc <nyizsa@bluebottle.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 07 Jan 2008 22:23:04 +0100
> Dal <mldal@linuxsystem.cz> wrote:
>
> > Amogh Hooshdar wrote:
> > > How can I install the Sun Java plugin for Icewesel in Debian Lenny?
> > >
> > > I tried copying the libjavaplugin_oji.so as shown below.
> > >
> > > cp /opt/jdk1.6.0_01/jre/plugin/i386/ns7-gcc29/libjavaplugin_oji.so
> > > ~/.mozilla/plugins/
> > > cp /opt/jdk1.6.0_01/jre/plugin/i386/ns7/libjavaplugin_oji.so
> > > ~/.mozilla/plugins/
> > >
> > > But both attempts did not work. Please help.
> > >
> > >
> > There has to be just link for that plugin, I don't really know why,
> > but it didn't work for me to.
> > So just try ln -s
> > /opt/jdk1.6.0_01/jre/plugin/i386/ns7-gcc29/libjavaplugin_oji.so
> ^^^
> > ~/.mozilla/plugins/libjavaplugin_oji.so
> >
> > It just might work.
> >
> >
>
> I would rather Amogh used ..../ns7/libjavaplugin_oji.so
> (not the ns7-gcc29 you mentioned).
>
> --
> Szia:
> Nyizsa.
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> Finally - A spam blocker that actually works.
> http://www.bluebottle.com/tag/4
>
>
>
> --
> To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
> with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
>
>


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 01-16-2008, 12:53 PM
"Chris Howie"
 
Default how to install sun java plugin for iceweasel in Debian?

On Jan 13, 2008 1:56 PM, Amogh Hooshdar <amoghhooshdar@gmail.com> wrote:

I forgot to mention that I use Debian AMD 64 bit. Is this the cause of
the problem?
*
Yes it is.* Sun has still not distributed a Java browser plugin for 64-bit on any OS.
--
Chris Howie
http://www.chrishowie.com

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Crazycomputers
 
Old 01-17-2008, 09:29 AM
Wackojacko
 
Default how to install sun java plugin for iceweasel in Debian?

Chris Howie wrote:
On Jan 13, 2008 1:56 PM, Amogh Hooshdar <amoghhooshdar@gmail.com
<mailto:amoghhooshdar@gmail.com>> wrote:


I forgot to mention that I use Debian AMD 64 bit. Is this the cause of
the problem?


Yes it is. Sun has still not distributed a Java browser plugin for
64-bit on any OS.


Are you sure, on my system I have

uname -a
Linux home 2.6.23 #2 Sat Jan 12 19:53:14 GMT 2008 x86_64 GNU/Linux

aptitude search sun-java
p ia32-sun-java5-bin
p ia32-sun-java6-bin
i sun-java5-bin
p sun-java5-demo
p sun-java5-doc
i sun-java5-fonts
p sun-java5-jdk
i sun-java5-jre
p sun-java5-source
i sun-java6-bin
p sun-java6-demo
p sun-java6-doc
p sun-java6-fonts
p sun-java6-javadb
p sun-java6-jdk
i A sun-java6-jre
p sun-java6-source

Perhaps you meant Adobe flashplayer is not available for 64 bit OS's?

Regards

Wackojacko


Chris Howie
http://www.chrishowie.com
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Crazycomputers



--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 01-21-2008, 05:48 PM
"Amogh Hooshdar"
 
Default how to install sun java plugin for iceweasel in Debian?

but in your aptitude list I can't find sun java plugin anywhere. and
adobe flash player works fine on my system. I am unable to get java
plugin with iceweasel.

On Jan 17, 2008 3:59 PM, Wackojacko <wackojacko32@ntlworld.com> wrote:
> Chris Howie wrote:
> > On Jan 13, 2008 1:56 PM, Amogh Hooshdar <amoghhooshdar@gmail.com
> > <mailto:amoghhooshdar@gmail.com>> wrote:
> >
> > I forgot to mention that I use Debian AMD 64 bit. Is this the cause of
> > the problem?
> >
> >
> > Yes it is. Sun has still not distributed a Java browser plugin for
> > 64-bit on any OS.
>
> Are you sure, on my system I have
>
> uname -a
> Linux home 2.6.23 #2 Sat Jan 12 19:53:14 GMT 2008 x86_64 GNU/Linux
>
> aptitude search sun-java
> p ia32-sun-java5-bin
> p ia32-sun-java6-bin
> i sun-java5-bin
> p sun-java5-demo
> p sun-java5-doc
> i sun-java5-fonts
> p sun-java5-jdk
> i sun-java5-jre
> p sun-java5-source
> i sun-java6-bin
> p sun-java6-demo
> p sun-java6-doc
> p sun-java6-fonts
> p sun-java6-javadb
> p sun-java6-jdk
> i A sun-java6-jre
> p sun-java6-source
>
> Perhaps you meant Adobe flashplayer is not available for 64 bit OS's?
>
> Regards
>
> Wackojacko
>
> > Chris Howie
> > http://www.chrishowie.com
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Crazycomputers
>
>
> --
>
> To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
> with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
>
>


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 07:24 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org