Old 01-20-2010, 11:50 AM
Jeffrey Cao

Default elinks to be REMOVED from squeeze?

Today when I ran "sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade",
I got the message that the package elinks will be removed. I cancelled
this upgrade, since that I'm now using elinks.
Anyone know why elinks will be removed from squeeze? Or this is just
a mistake?

Jeffrey

Old 01-20-2010, 12:03 PM
Thierry Chatelet

On Wednesday 20 January 2010 13:50:58 Jeffrey Cao wrote:
> Today when I ran "sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade",
> I got the message that the package elinks will be removed. I cancelled
> this upgrade, since that I'm now using elinks.
> Anyone know why elinks will be removed from squeeze? Or this is just
> a mistake?
>
> Jeffrey

Package elinks

* etch (oldstable) (web): advanced text-mode WWW browser
0.11.1-1.2etch2 [security]: alpha amd64 arm hppa i386 ia64 mipsel
powerpc s390 sparc
0.11.1-1.2etch1: mips
* etch-m68k (web): advanced text-mode WWW browser
0.11.1-1.2: m68k
* lenny (stable) (web): advanced text-mode WWW browser
0.11.4-3: alpha amd64 arm armel hppa i386 ia64 mips mipsel powerpc s390
sparc
* squeeze (testing) (web): advanced text-mode WWW browser
0.12~pre5-1+b1: armel hppa i386 ia64 mipsel
0.12~pre5-1: amd64 mips powerpc s390 sparc
* sid (unstable) (web): advanced text-mode WWW browser
0.12~pre5-2: alpha amd64 armel hppa hurd-i386 i386 ia64 kfreebsd-amd64
kfreebsd-i386 mips mipsel powerpc s390 sparc
0.11.4-3 [debports]: m68k

Old 01-20-2010, 12:08 PM
Thierry Chatelet

On Wednesday 20 January 2010 13:50:58 Jeffrey Cao wrote:
> Today when I ran "sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade",
> I got the message that the package elinks will be removed. I cancelled
> this upgrade, since that I'm now using elinks.
> Anyone know why elinks will be removed from squeeze? Or this is just
> a mistake?
>
> Jeffrey

But:
aptitude install -s elinks
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Reading extended state information
Initializing package states... Done
Reading task descriptions... Done
The following packages are BROKEN:
elinks
elinks-data{a} libfsplib0{a}
0 packages upgraded, 3 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 1,234kB of archives. After unpacking 3,539kB will be used.
elinks: Depends: libtre5 which is a virtual package.

Keep the following packages at their current version:
elinks [Not Installed]

Leave the following dependencies unresolved:
elinks-data recommends elinks (= 0.12~pre5-2)
Score is -10081

Accept this solution? [Y/n/q/?]

And libtre5 is in squeeze, so you to wait for it to move to sdueeze
Thierry

Old 01-20-2010, 12:22 PM
Thierry Chatelet

Ouppsss, sorry
> And libtre5 is in squeeze, so you to wait for it to move to sdueeze

I mean
And libtre5 is in "sid", so you to wait for it to move to squeeze
Thierry

Old 01-20-2010, 12:44 PM
Jeffrey Cao

On 2010-01-20, Thierry Chatelet <tchatelet@free.fr> wrote:

> Ouppsss, sorry
>> And libtre5 is in squeeze, so you to wait for it to move to sdueeze
>

> I mean
> And libtre5 is in "sid", so you to wait for it to move to squeeze
> Thierry

But I installed elinks one year ago without dependency problem.
I did "update" and "upgrade" frequently without problem until now.
Maybe something is broken with package dependency management recently.

Jeffrey