Old 01-20-2010, 11:47 AM
Umarzuki Mochlis

Default error opening mutt

By following this tutorial >*http://www.andrews-corner.org/mutt.html, I encountered these messages. What should i put in*mutt_aliases and*mutt_colors?*

Error in /home/umarzuki/.muttrc, line 50: /home/umarzuki/mail/mutt_aliases: No such file or directoryError in /home/umarzuki/.muttrc, line 56: /home/umarzuki/mutt/mutt_colors: No such file or directory
source: errors in /home/umarzuki/.muttrcPress any key to continue...

Umarzuki Mochlis
http://debmal.my

Old 01-20-2010, 11:57 AM
Camaleón

On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 20:47:27 +0800, Umarzuki Mochlis wrote:

> By following this tutorial > http://www.andrews-corner.org/mutt.html, I
> encountered these messages. What should i put in mutt_aliases and
> mutt_colors?
>
> Error in /home/umarzuki/.muttrc, line 50:
> /home/umarzuki/mail/mutt_aliases: No such file or directory
> Error in /home/umarzuki/.muttrc, line 56:
> /home/umarzuki/mutt/mutt_colors: No such file or directory
> source: errors in /home/umarzuki/.muttrc Press any key to continue...

Have you created those files in that path?

It seems they are missing.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Old 01-20-2010, 12:00 PM
Umarzuki Mochlis

2010/1/20 Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com>

On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 20:47:27 +0800, Umarzuki Mochlis wrote:

> By following this tutorial > http://www.andrews-corner.org/mutt.html, I

> encountered these messages. What should i put in mutt_aliases and

> mutt_colors?

> Error in /home/umarzuki/.muttrc, line 50:

> /home/umarzuki/mail/mutt_aliases: No such file or directory

> Error in /home/umarzuki/.muttrc, line 56:

> /home/umarzuki/mutt/mutt_colors: No such file or directory

> source: errors in /home/umarzuki/.muttrc Press any key to continue...

Have you created those files in that path?

It seems they are missing.

thanks, i had created those files. All seems well but when i ran "fetchmail -v" command, I can't see any mail eventhough there's a few emails in my gmail inbox
*

Greetings,

--

Camaleón

Umarzuki Mochlis
http://debmal.my

Old 01-20-2010, 12:04 PM
Pedro Insua

On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 08:47:27PM +0800, Umarzuki Mochlis wrote:
> By following this tutorial > http://www.andrews-corner.org/mutt.html, I
> encountered these messages. What should i put in mutt_aliases
> and mutt_colors?

Where your muttrc says. But don't need these files to use mutt, comment
the lines in your muttrc.

Of course, you must read the Mutt doc.

--
Porqué loitar e matar, se podes amar e sonhar

/"
/ CAMPANHA DA FITA ASCII - CONTRA MAIL HTML
X ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN - AGAINST HTML MAIL
/

Old 01-20-2010, 12:14 PM
Camaleón

On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 21:00:25 +0800, Umarzuki Mochlis wrote:

> 2010/1/20 Camaleón
>
>> > Error in /home/umarzuki/.muttrc, line 50:
>> > /home/umarzuki/mail/mutt_aliases: No such file or directory Error in
>> > /home/umarzuki/.muttrc, line 56: /home/umarzuki/mutt/mutt_colors: No
>> > such file or directory source: errors in /home/umarzuki/.muttrc Press
>> > any key to continue...
>>
>> Have you created those files in that path?
>>
>> It seems they are missing.
>>

> thanks, i had created those files. All seems well but when i ran
> "fetchmail -v" command, I can't see any mail eventhough there's a few
> emails in my gmail inbox

I suppose you are following the steps provided by the URL you sent
before.

Fetchmail needs you to properly setup the delivery method so it can know
where to store (or send) the downloaded e-mails.

Have you setup procmail as stated in the guide?

Are you getting any error messages in the logs?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Old 01-20-2010, 12:17 PM
Umarzuki Mochlis

2010/1/20 Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com>

On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 21:00:25 +0800, Umarzuki Mochlis wrote:

> 2010/1/20 Camaleón

>> > Error in /home/umarzuki/.muttrc, line 50:

>> > /home/umarzuki/mail/mutt_aliases: No such file or directory Error in

>> > /home/umarzuki/.muttrc, line 56: /home/umarzuki/mutt/mutt_colors: No

>> > such file or directory source: errors in /home/umarzuki/.muttrc Press

>> > any key to continue...

>> Have you created those files in that path?

>> It seems they are missing.

> thanks, i had created those files. All seems well but when i ran

> "fetchmail -v" command, I can't see any mail eventhough there's a few

> emails in my gmail inbox

I suppose you are following the steps provided by the URL you sent

before.

Fetchmail needs you to properly setup the delivery method so it can know

where to store (or send) the downloaded e-mails.

Have you setup procmail as stated in the guide?

yes*

Are you getting any error messages in the logs?

/var/log/messages? nobut i can see mails in /var/spool/mail/umarzuki*

Greetings,

--

Camaleón

Umarzuki Mochlis
http://debmal.my

Old 01-20-2010, 12:24 PM
Camaleón

On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 21:17:51 +0800, Umarzuki Mochlis wrote:

> 2010/1/20 Camaleón

>> Are you getting any error messages in the logs?
>>

> /var/log/messages? no

"/var/log/syslog" or "/var/log/mail.*"

> but i can see mails in /var/spool/mail/umarzuki

And are those e-mails the ones downloaded from your GMail account?

If yes, just verify your "~/.muttrc" file is pointing to the right path
for the spooled mails:

***
set spoolfile = /var/spool/mail/umarzuki
***

Save the file and launch Mutt again.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Old 01-20-2010, 12:28 PM
Umarzuki Mochlis

2010/1/20 Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com>

On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 21:17:51 +0800, Umarzuki Mochlis wrote:

> 2010/1/20 Camaleón

>> Are you getting any error messages in the logs?

> /var/log/messages? no

"/var/log/syslog" or "/var/log/mail.*"

> but i can see mails in /var/spool/mail/umarzuki

And are those e-mails the ones downloaded from your GMail account?

If yes, just verify your "~/.muttrc" file is pointing to the right path

for the spooled mails:

***

set spoolfile = /var/spool/mail/umarzuki

***

thanks, this is it. I forgot to change the example to my username*

Old 01-20-2010, 03:44 PM
"Wayne

Umarzuki Mochlis wrote:

encountered these messages. What should i put in mutt_aliases and
mutt_colors?

Error in /home/umarzuki/.muttrc, line 50:
/home/umarzuki/mail/mutt_aliases: No such file or directory
Error in /home/umarzuki/.muttrc, line 56:
/home/umarzuki/mutt/mutt_colors: No such file or directory
source: errors in /home/umarzuki/.muttrc Press any key to continue...

Have you created those files in that path?

It seems they are missing.

I have a ~/.mutt dir and .mutt.aliases
the colors file in under ~/.mutt

maybe you forgot the '."?