Old 01-20-2010, 10:38 AM
Siju George

Default VIA Technologies, Inc. VT1708/A microphone not working?

Hi,

I tried Ubuntu 9.10 as well as Archlinux ( 2.6.32-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Thu Jan 7 22:28:29 CET 2010 x86_64 AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3500+ AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux ) on my amd64 machine.

In both distros I cannot use Microphone though sound is comming out through the speakers. Sound Capture is not working.

Is there anybody using it on debian? Is there any chance of getting it right in any of the debian distros?

On Archlinux starting of Audacity gives this error

_expression_ 'stream->capture.pcm' failed in 'src/hostapi/alsa/pa_linux_alsa.c', line: 3653

Is this a driver problem?

Is it fixed in Debian?

Thanks

--Siju