Old 01-20-2010, 09:34 AM
Marek Simon

Default Trigger by package install

Hi,
I am creating my own package and I need to create a trigger which will
be activated, when other packages are installed/deinstalled. I found in
manual, that trigger can be dependant on file change, but not on package
change. How can I effectively bind the trigger with a whole package?
I can select a file from a package and bind the trigger with it, but
there is about 100 packages I need to bind and I think it is not that
"nice" debian way. There must be some "nicer" way.

Thanks to all.

Marek

Old 01-28-2010, 03:12 PM
Tzafrir Cohen

On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 11:34:11AM +0100, Marek Simon wrote:
> Hi,
> I am creating my own package and I need to create a trigger which will
> be activated, when other packages are installed/deinstalled. I found in
> manual, that trigger can be dependant on file change, but not on package
> change. How can I effectively bind the trigger with a whole package?
> I can select a file from a package and bind the trigger with it, but
> there is about 100 packages I need to bind and I think it is not that
> "nice" debian way. There must be some "nicer" way.
> Thanks to all.

There are some other forms of triggers, IIRC. But could you give some
more information on what you want to guarantee with that trigger script?

Also consider asking such questions on e.g. the debian-mentors mailing
list.

http://tzafrir.org.il | | a Mutt's
tzafrir@cohens.org.il | | best
ICQ# 16849754 | | friend