-   -   Sandbox, chroot, makejail and application (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/311803-sandbox-chroot-makejail-application.html)

Arthur Machlas 01-19-2010 07:40 PM

Sandbox, chroot, makejail and application

Greetings, I want to install and run SPSS for linux. It needs to be installed by root, but run by a normal user. I want to install it such that it has no access to my system as a whole. I believe the method to achieve this is a chroot environment. From my readings so far I also need to look into makejail.

I am looking for any tips / advice about the general approach, good reading materials, etc. that the list may have to offer.

Many thanks,
Arthur