Linux Archive

Linux Archive (http://www.linux-archive.org/)
-   Debian User (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/)
-   -   Why is latexmk in Debian so old? (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/311672-why-latexmk-debian-so-old.html)

Vincent Lefevre 01-19-2010 03:11 PM

Why is latexmk in Debian so old?
 
Hi,

The latexmk version in Debian is 3.07a, which was released in 2004.
Why hasn't it been updated?

FYI:
http://www.phys.psu.edu/~collins/software/latexmk-jcc/
http://ctan.tug.org/tex-archive/support/latexmk/

Regards,

--
Vincent Lefèvre <vincent@vinc17.net> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.net/>
100% accessible validated (X)HTML - Blog: <http://www.vinc17.net/blog/>
Work: CR INRIA - computer arithmetic / Arénaire project (LIP, ENS-Lyon)


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org

Johannes Wiedersich 01-19-2010 03:57 PM

Why is latexmk in Debian so old?
 
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Vincent Lefevre wrote:
> The latexmk version in Debian is 3.07a, which was released in 2004.
> Why hasn't it been updated?
>
> FYI:
> http://www.phys.psu.edu/~collins/software/latexmk-jcc/
> http://ctan.tug.org/tex-archive/support/latexmk/

It is orphaned and waits for someone stepping in to maintain it:

http://packages.qa.debian.org/l/latexmk.html
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=523193

- --
Johannes

Three nations have not officially adopted the International System
of Units as their primary or sole system of measurement: Burma,
Liberia, and the United States.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Si_units
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (GNU/Linux)

iEYEARECAAYFAktV5FwACgkQC1NzPRl9qEWV+ACdFEKgHU/cHbyJ3DXSiDRQE7g6
Ek4An21ZDuQIMdyUjgMs6kGtAvGdS7XQ
=QScL
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org

Vincent Lefevre 01-22-2010 02:32 PM

Why is latexmk in Debian so old?
 
On 2010-01-19 17:57:00 +0100, Johannes Wiedersich wrote:
> It is orphaned and waits for someone stepping in to maintain it:
>
> http://packages.qa.debian.org/l/latexmk.html

which says:

This package has been orphaned, but someone intends to maintain it.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Is there really someone who intends to maintain it?

--
Vincent Lefèvre <vincent@vinc17.net> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.net/>
100% accessible validated (X)HTML - Blog: <http://www.vinc17.net/blog/>
Work: CR INRIA - computer arithmetic / Arénaire project (LIP, ENS-Lyon)


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org

Sven Joachim 01-22-2010 07:08 PM

Why is latexmk in Debian so old?
 
On 2010-01-22 16:32 +0100, Vincent Lefevre wrote:

> On 2010-01-19 17:57:00 +0100, Johannes Wiedersich wrote:
>> It is orphaned and waits for someone stepping in to maintain it:
>>
>> http://packages.qa.debian.org/l/latexmk.html
>
> which says:
>
> This package has been orphaned, but someone intends to maintain it.
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Followed by a link to the bug report where you can see who has/had the
intentions to maintain it.

> Is there really someone who intends to maintain it?

Why don't you ask the person who last ITA'ed the package?

Sven


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org

Vincent Lefevre 01-23-2010 10:06 PM

Why is latexmk in Debian so old?
 
On 2010-01-22 21:08:28 +0100, Sven Joachim wrote:
> On 2010-01-22 16:32 +0100, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
> > Is there really someone who intends to maintain it?
>
> Why don't you ask the person who last ITA'ed the package?

OK, now done.

--
Vincent Lefèvre <vincent@vinc17.net> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.net/>
100% accessible validated (X)HTML - Blog: <http://www.vinc17.net/blog/>
Work: CR INRIA - computer arithmetic / Arénaire project (LIP, ENS-Lyon)


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:35 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.